Limited Service Option
In today's real estate market many people find that although they would like to sell their home, they simply owe too much on their current home to pay all of the costs associated with the sale. If you find yourself in this situation, or if you would simply like to take advantage of the tools Realtors use without paying a full commission, a limited service plan (sometimes called an MLS only plan) may be right for you.
So what does "Limited Service" mean? Each Limited Service company may offer different services, but most offer some variation on the same theme. For a flat fee of $500.00 The Mike Foerster Real Estate Group, LLC offers the following:
* Placement on both Milwaukee and Madison Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This is the tool that Realtors use to let other Realtors know that your home is for sale and what makes it a home that their Buyers should see. Another benefit of placement on Milwaukee and Madison MLS is that your home is listed on www.wihomes.com, www.wisconsinhomes.com and realtor.com, each of these sites are popular places for Buyers to look for their next home. This also means that your home will appear on all cooperating broker websites. As always, more exposure means more potential buyers.
* We will provide you with one (1) listing sign to place outside your home, along with a blank rider (a place for you to put your contact information). It is your option if you would like to place this sign outside your home, however listing signs are still a great way to let everyone in your neighborhood and everyone that drives by that your home is for sale.
*Multiple photos. Photos of a home is one of the most common requests we receive from a Buyer. In fact, most Buyers want to see photos of the homes they are considering before they will consider making an appointment to see the home in person. We will take multiple photos of your home and place them on the MLSs for you (or you may supply your own if you prefer) to help increase your exposure to Buyers.
What you need to know about Limited Service:
* Limited Service plans mean just that, the services that any Realtor are going to give you are limited. You will be responsible for any advertising not mentioned in the service section (example: newspaper ads). You will be responsible for making your house available for showings and open houses and taking all the phone calls from interested Buyers and Agents.
* If a Realtor brings the Buyer for your home they will expect to be paid for their time and efforts. We require that you offer a minimum of 2% commission to the Buyers Realtor, although many will ask for 2.4% or even 3%. The MLSs require that you offer some amount of compensation to the cooperating broker.
* You will be responsible for reviewing offers, negotiating offers and arranging for the closing of your home. You should know that this may be necessary to hire an attorney or cooperating broker to perform these services. As an alternative you may pay The Mike Foerster Real Estate Group, LLC an additional fee (per offer) to perform the following:
1. Present Offers to You
2. Advise You in the Development, Communication or Presentation of
3. Participate on Your Behalf in Negotiations leading to the sale of your home
4. Provide Closing Services which include ordering title, preparation of
the closing statement and order necessary inspections or tests
Interested? Do You Have Questions if Limited Service is right for you? We would be happy to help you determine what plan is right for you. You can reach us by calling 920-563-8666 or you can email us at email@example.com.